Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Munich Day 1: The Last Day in Munich

I am not quite sure how to go about telling this, but currently I am writing from a restaurant I first found in a dream. The Wirtshaus-Zurweib-Hauen Rose, a restaurant just off the Marien-Platz Square, with an open wall facing the busy street.

I’ve had a good deal of de ja vu in my past, but never in my life have I been so certain of something like this. In the dream, I recall thinking that I must be at Renfest, and to look around, I can see why. The decorum is of a similar style, and a bit gaudy, with all words written in a pretty Germanic style; in a dream I could imagine easily mistaking it.

I’m not sure what to make of it all. This is incredibly eerie yet simaltaneously comfortable – comfortable because I’m familiar with this place already. I’m not sure what else to say about it, except that today my dreams have come true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home