Wednesday, June 09, 2004

It was still raining after I had finished my lunch. Unfortunately this was not included in the plan I had for the afternoon, which was to visit the Tiergarten, which translates to The English Garden. What I had read of it made it out to be very beautiful. Since it was today or never, I decided to brave the rain and explore the Tiergarten.

It was late in the afternoon and raining lightly when I arrived. To greet me was a long circular road surrounded by greenery. At its center was an enormous, obelisk-sized monument adorned at its tip with a golden anger.

The garden itself wasn’t all that impressive. It was, in essence, a park. Lots of water and trees and plants, all arranged quite beautifully as nature will tend to do, but nothing that I couldn’t find within an hour’s drive of my home in America. But despite its humble demeanor (humble, at least, in comparison with the wonders I had seen every day in the past weeks) I was very happy to spend time there. It offered a serene and meditative surrounding, and I happily endured the rain for several hours to appreciate the atmosphere my surroundings provided.

Eventually the time came when I decided that I would have to either leave or miss dinner. As it turned out, I missed dinner anyway, but I also left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home