Thursday, June 10, 2004

Failed to Capitolize

Well, I’m out of time. I tried searching for the parliament building, but eventually I lost all trust in the inconsistent signs. I did, however, find “the American Bookstore” much to my wallets chagrin. I bought Golden Fool by Robin Hobbs there, soft cover, for 12 euros. Ouch.

But I had to. I’m a desperate man. The hardest part will be not reading it for a for a few days. I want to keep it for the plane ride home.

(transcribers note: fat chance).

I ran into an interesting program here, the “Get your American Friend to Vote program” or something to that effect. It says that over 70,000 Americans don’t live in America, and almost none of those Americans vote. The idea of the program is to encourage those Americans to vote, or more specifically encourage them to vote against George Bush Jr.

Oh yes, and a day or two ago I read that Kerry’s running-mate will be John Edwards. There go my dreams of the Kerry / McCain ticket. I never even hoped for it, but I dreamed.

If Bush has a strong opponent, he’ll be crushed. But if he doesn’t it’s just going to be the pro-Bush crowd vs the anti-Bush crowd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home